Oh come on, I’m not going to talk about the benefits of sleep! No way! Today, I’m thinking about the benefits of LESS sleep, of staying up late, and why it makes for happy, connected couples. Don’t misunderstand: I LOVE sleep! I mean, I really love it. I love getting under my covers, adjusting my head on the pillow just right, relaxing my body and drifting off. LOVE. I love sleep almost as much as I love showers and baths, and that should tell you everything.
The past little bit, I’ve been a tad sleep-deprived and, I never thought I’d say it, but I love that deprivation even more! How is that possible? What could be better than sleep after a long day? Oooooh… I think I should make a list! Surprised? 😉
Things that are better than sleep:
1. Laughing. Staying up late, telling dirty jokes, watching silly movies, making silly faces. Food for the soul, I tell you.
2. Video games. Playing video games gives your eyes and hands something to do, your brain is occupied, and your mouth is able to speak freely. Maybe you prefer cards, or crafts, or doodling…whatever it is you like… distraction is a great way to open up. Which leads me to…
3. Conversation. The conversations had when you ought to be in bed are always some of the best. The later it gets, the more honest you get, the better your life gets. Truly.
4. Dirty texts/photos. I must say, this is fairly new to me, but it is one of the highlights of my day! As the night wears on, everything becomes amplified… makes for a very happy girl, with major problems in the pants.
5. Snuggles. Sometimes, staying up late means snuggling on the sofa with my Sir while many of the other things mentioned are going on. Safe and adventurous at the same time… that’s the perfect combination!
6. Ropes and bars and cuffs, oh my. Playtime can take a while… just don’t look at a clock! Worth every single second of sleep sacrificed. (hello, alliteration)
7. Oh okay… SEX! That’s right… generally, all of the above lead straight into sex. I’d rather fuck than sleep any day. No question. You may have noticed that I put sex last… although it is my very favorite thing to do… it isn’t the most important. The connections that occur during those late nights are far more important than any dick-in-box games you could come up with.
I implore everyone… as soon as you can… put that early alarm clock out of your mind, forget that you’ve done 5 million things during the day and just stay up late, together, and make it count!
To my Sir. And to number four…